Thursday 17 May 2012

From the Review Pile (2)


 From the Review Pile is a meme hosted by Stepping Out of the Page every Thursday.
The aim of this meme is to showcase books that you've received for review (or any book that you own and really want to read/review) but haven't yet got around to reading, in order to give the book some extra publicity.

I know that a lot of you have a huge pile of books that you want to read/review, but it understandably takes a while to get around to reading them all - here you can give a book (or two!) some of the publicity that it deserves, even if you haven't read it yet!

This week, I'm going to showcase The Things We Did For Love by Natasha Farrant

The Things We Did For Love by Natasha Farrant
Hardback, 240 pages

Published March 2012 by Faber and Faber

France: February, 1944.

As war rages in Europe, teenagers Luc and Arianne fall passionately in love. But German forces are closing in and Luc, desperate to atone for his family's past, is drawn into the dangerous world of the Resistance. Arianne will do almost anything to keep him safe, but someone else is secretly in love with her - someone who will stop at nothing to get rid of his rival...

13 comments:

  1. Young adult historical romantic fiction! I'm in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of this meme and although I don't really have enough ARCS/books to be able to participate yet, I thought I'd spread the word about it. I featured this article in my blog's newspaper. The Harley Bear Post

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one sure sounds like a nice read. Should check it out. Thanks for featuring this! :D

    Fara @ Tumbling In Books

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, secret love! I like the sound of that...hope he's kind of evil...I do love a good bad-for-her love interest. :P Thanks for sharing this one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Usually in a love triangle, the girl's choice sticks, right? Let me know what happens in this one, once you are done.

    By the way, love the new design!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for a great meme Stephanie! I like the sound of your choice. I love reading about resistance stories during WWII. Thanks for visiting my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks like a very serious book! Hope you enjoy it when you get around to reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I won this book in a giveaway and am pretty excited to getting round to reading it. It sounds like something I'd really enjoy. I hope you enjoy it too :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a great idea for a meme, thanks for starting it! :) Hope you enjoy the book!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds so exciting!! I will definitely have a look into this one ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This isn't a genre that I usually read, but it sounds really interesting. I may have to check this out.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like an interesting read!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great meme! :) Sounds like an interesting book indeed. Can't wait to see what your thoughts are about it!

    ReplyDelete

Unfortunately this is an award and tag free zone - Whilst I appreciate the thought, I simply don' have the time to pass them on.

Please feel free to leave a reply, I read and appreciate them all!