Thursday 10 May 2012

From the Review Pile (1)

 From the Review Pile is a meme hosted by Stepping Out of the Page every Thursday.
The aim of this meme is to showcase books that you've received for review (or any book that you own and really want to read/review) but haven't yet got around to reading, in order to give the book some extra publicity.

Feel free to use the above image on your blog or make your own, just link back. :) 

I'm not sure if there is already a meme like this (the internet is a huge place) but it there is, please do point me towards it. I've decided to start this meme in order to showcase books that you have received by publishers or authors for review, but haven't yet read. 


I know not everyone receives ARCs, so if there's a book that you've had sitting around for a while but that you really want to read or review, you could choose to showcase that instead!


I know that a lot of you have a huge pile of books that you want to read/review, but it understandably takes a while to get around to reading them all - here you can give a book (or two!) some of the publicity that it deserves, even if you haven't read it yet!


This week, I'm going to showcase Heaven by Christoph Marzi

Heaven by Christoph Marzi
Paperback, 384 pages

Published 2nd February 2012 by Orchard Books


The night that Heaven lost her heart was cold and moonless. But the blade that sliced it out was warm with her dark blood...

David Pettyfer is taking a shortcut over the dark rooftops of London's brooding houses, when he literally stumbles across Heaven: a strange, beautiful, distraught girl who says that bad men have stolen her heart. Yet she's still alive...

And so begins David and Heaven's wild, exciting and mysterious adventure - to find Heaven's heart, and to discover the incredible truth about her origins.

Part thriller, part love story and part fairy tale, this brilliantly original novel from a bestselling German author will take your breath away..
.

29 comments:

  1. This one actually sounds pretty good. You should bump it up a few notches on your TBR. BTW, your blog is so pretty with the pink and the owls! Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great idea! I'm totally going to make myself a note to participate next week. I definitely have my share of unread review books that could use some love. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great idea for a meme, thanks. New follower!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hm... Very interesting meme :)
    The cover of this one is super creepy! Giving me flashbacks of The Ring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HEAVEN looks really good! I love the cover!

    And I have to say I love the owls too. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. This meme is really nice! I've got tons of books to review that I haven't read and review yet. I might do this next week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's exactly why I like to do posts that showcase what books I've gotten too -- because even if I haven't gotten to reviewing it yet, it gives the book the the extra publicity it deserves. You worded that perfectly! :) And ever since IMM went down, a lot of people have been making memes (like Sunday Showcase, etc.) which I think is really cool! And I've never heard of Heaven before but it sounds fantastic!

    Awesome review pile this week, Steph! And awesome meme too! :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I read Heaven years ago in German. Didn't like it too much - It was okay, but.. you know, not mindblowing; but I hope you'll enjoy it more than I did! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a great idea! I have read Heaven and i really lked it! =D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, alive without her heart? Sounds like a unique story.
    Love the new meme!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This sounds a brilliant idea, well done. I don't think I've seen anything the same around. I will hopefully join in next week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yep, this is on my shelf too! xD

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the idea, but I don't really get books from authors/publishers to review, it's mainly my own personal books. But if I ever do I will participate! This books sounds good too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kelsey - I've changed it up a bit so it's now for any book that you have and want to read/review. I'd love it if you could join in :)

      Delete
    2. Awesome!! I'm definitely going to :)

      Delete
  14. this book sounds awesome!! I love the idea of her without a heart and them searching for it.
    ty for stopping by 7saying hi earlier :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am totally doing this when I get home tonight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great! Thanks Liz, can't wait to see your post :)

      Delete
  16. i've never heard of this one before but i agree with the other comments. it sounds like a good read. happy reading :)

    -michelle

    ReplyDelete
  17. What an awesome neat feature!! My review pile keeps growing dangeroulsy large by the week, I feel awful when some books just sit there, alone and unread for months on end :( This is such a great way to give them the spotlight!

    Heaven! I'm really, really intrigued by this one. I love the whole fairytale vibe I get from the synopsis. I hope you get around to reading it soon, can't wait to see if you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great new meme! I have this book on my review pile too! It sounds interesting rnough but I never seem to remember I have it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is a great idea! I have so many books on my shelf and kindle that I just haven't gotten the chance to read yet. I always feel so guilty.
    Heart seems like an awesome book. That synopsis is a killer and makes me want to read it. I hope you have the chance to read it soon b/c I want to read your review. Thanks for sharing!

    Love the blog. New follower!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I've seen this one around and the review have been pretty good!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hey! Nice feature :D I've seen this book around for some time, too. I hope you get to read it soon and like it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Unfortunately this is an award and tag free zone - Whilst I appreciate the thought, I simply don' have the time to pass them on.

Please feel free to leave a reply, I read and appreciate them all!